That's My Horse!

New in town?

Please Log In or Register to fully access "That's My Horse," the slash-friendly Ed Edd n' Eddy fan forums.
ONLY REGULAR MEMBERS will be able to view the gallery and the fanart/fanfiction parts of the forums. They're invisible to you right now, as a guest. X3 Get those posts up, mister!

Thanks for visiting!
<3 Eggy

The Eds' last names

robot-factory
    Scammer
    Scammer

Virgo Monkey

The Eds' last names

Post  robot-factory on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:57 pm

No one on the show but the Kankers and Nazz have last names, so what surnames would you give the Eds and the kids in the cul-de-sac? I'm thinking of retiring the ones I use in my fics, they're too blase.

Plus I made Eddy's last name an alcoholic beverage. Someone named Shasta worked where I work and the name just always stuck with me. haha

Have you ever given thought to what the kids' last names could be? It's fun to make them up. Ya

goldenkitsune777
    Urban Ranger
    Urban Ranger

Cancer Dragon

Re: The Eds' last names

Post  goldenkitsune777 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Never thought about what they might be. Hmmm.... Everything I think of sounds weird. XD

Hiara
    Fan

Sagittarius Dog

Post  Hiara on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:04 pm

I like to base their last names off of faucets of their personality, and by what sounds good, to me at least. That, and, the last names that were revealed aren't the most ordinary, so, that played a bit in it as well. cx

Ed and Sarah Sachtleben (sacht(e) ‘soft’ + leben ‘life’.)
    Eddward Lightbourne (The clear stream)
    Kevin Trumbald (Strongly bold)
    Jimmy Reece (Enthusiasm)
    Rolf Rubenacker (Someone who lives near a turnip field)

But I haven't been able to find something good for Eddy. I saw a name in a fic I read that I thought fit well, but I can't remember it for the life of me... .3.;

Eggers
    Big Shot
    Big Shot

Scorpio Dragon

Post  Eggers on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Those are really cool suggestions, Hiara. Smile

I usually try to not suggest last names for the characters simply because it isn't cannon. When I (try to) write fanfiction, I try to stray from the temptation when it approaches, heheh.

But there was ONE circumstance when we absolutely NEEDED a last name for Eddy, and that was because it was our roleplay and he was going to be married, so it was pretty crucial. However, seeing as we avoided that sort of thing, we never really thought about it, so the suggestion was just winged and thrown out there to get it over with but we look back on it fondly. ^^

Eddy Yenom. Yenom because it's the opposite of Money, which is significant of the roleplay altogether.

So... off the top of my head, if I had to come up with last names for the other two Eds, I would make Edd's something Spanish, and Ed's something German. Couldn't say for the rest of the cul-de-sac kids at the moment. *floats off* XD

Hiara
    Fan

Sagittarius Dog

Post  Hiara on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:30 pm

Thank ya~ *give a little bow* c|

I was actually going to suggest the last name 'Money' for Eddy, as it's a real name and fits him, but, then, after thinking about it, it seemed un-creative and boring, plus a bit annoying to have as a person's name. >w>

But flipping it backwards makes it much better. It actually looks like a decent fit for a name. x3

KimiConjurer
    Pipsqueak
    Pipsqueak

Gemini Pig

Post  KimiConjurer on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:59 pm

I always Just make Eddy's last name McRich like in "Stiff Upper Ed" I know it's not his real last name, but it does have a ring to it.

girasoleitaliano
    Fan

Leo Pig

Post  girasoleitaliano on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:03 pm

I never really base them off of origin, but I find one that sounds right.

Ed Vanaskey
    Eddward Muhler
    Eddy Zulch

I just realized that they all sound semi-German lol

nemi-112
    Scammer
    Scammer

Virgo Goat

Post  nemi-112 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:31 am

like i said before in another topic, i think of eddy as being italian american, so he would definately have an italian name. the other two i'm not so sure about...

sleepyglitch
    Pipsqueak
    Pipsqueak

Virgo Monkey

Post  sleepyglitch on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:30 pm

kinda tuff, but i prefer them pretty much without last names,putting them last names with those is really hard for me >.<

togekiss1995
    Fan

Pisces Pig

Post  togekiss1995 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Heres my thoughts on their names, but only for Johnny and Plank.

Johnny Terra
    Plank VanFirma
    Get it, TerraFirma. Ha,Ha.

Current date/time is Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:46 am